Greece is a country unlike any other. It is not only its rich history, its massive monuments, and its impact on modern art and architecture. It is also unique in that mainland Greece is only a small part of the Greek experience. There are also well over 20 mediterranean islands worth visiting, each with their own cuisine, activities, beaches, and so much more.
Few other countries offer so many different unique activities, which is perhaps why Greece is such a popular destination with experienced travelers, who can visit and enjoy new sights while still appreciating all that Greece has to offer. From the architecture to the cuisine to the culture to the cuisine again (which is so delicious it may ruin you for other foods), there are so many reasons to charter a private jet to Greece. Schedule yours today with evoJets.
Private Jet Airports in Greece
With dozens of islands, and a large and spread out mainland, there is not always an option for choosing a preferred airport. While Athens has a few general aviation airports, most islands and regions only have a single airport serving both commercial and private flights to Greece.
That means you may be dealing with a bit of congestion, but there are some advantages as well, as most airports serve only the passengers that are there to visit the region and most are conveniently located right near your final destination. Some of the most common airports to land in Greece include:
- International Airport of Athens (LGAV) – Athens International Airport is unlikely to be your final destination, as Elfsis and Tatoi offer popular private jet alternatives. But as the busiest airport in Greece, Athens International is a potential destination depending on your flight plans.
- Santorini (Thira) International Airport (LGSR) – As one of the most popular islands in Greece with very few commercial aircraft, it is not uncommon to find yourself with a private charter to Santorini, taking you right into its small airport to visit this aesthetically stunning island.
- Mykonos Airport (LGMK) – Like many island airports, Mykonos Airport is the only way to fly directly onto the island. With a private charter, however, you will not need to worry about transferring from a flight in Athens, as many other travelers may need to do.
- Skiathos International Airport (LGSK) – The only way to fly into Skiathos is to land at Skiathos International Airport, which does see some commercial aircraft, but is less busy depending on the season.
- Corfu International Airport (LGKR) – As Corfu grows in popularity, so too does the usage of Corfu Airport. But like so many of the other Greek Islands, it is the only airport on the island and still the best choice for a Greece private charter.
- Zakynthos International Airport (LGZA) – Zakynthos has one of the larger runways for a Greek island, which means that it is also suitable for larger jets in a way that some airports cannot handle. Once again, because it is the only airport, it is the one of choice for Zakynthos.
- Heraklion International Airport (LGIR) – Heraklion International Airport is, perhaps surprisingly, the second busiest Greek Airport and by far the busiest on the island of Crete. It takes you directly to Heraklion, which is useful if that is your final destination. But if not there are other airports like Sitia and Chania that may be preferable.
- Rhodes Airport (LGRP) – Located right near the capital of Rhodes, you won’t find any other airports on the island anyway, but with a private jet to Greece from evoJets you should still have a relaxing and fun time from the beginning to the end of your journey.
These are only a few of the many airports found around Greece. In order to determine the best one for your needs, it helps to book your private charter through evoJets so that we can provide you with helpful feedback.
Featured Greece Destinations
Any time you visit a place with both historical significance and an abundance of beautiful recreational areas, it is nearly impossible to do justice to the number of potential spots worth visiting, especially since there are lesser known islands and towns that would still make for wonderful vacations.
But there are several places that are “must visits,” at least by the standards of even the most experienced luxury travelers. These include:
- Private Jets to Santorini
- Charter a Private Jet to Mykonos
- Private Jet Flights to Skiathos
- Charter Jets to Amorgos
- Corfu Private Jet Charters
- Kefalonia Private Jets
- Zakynthos Charter Flights
- Rhodes Private Jet Charters
- Crete Private Jets
- Private Jets to Athens
- Private Planes to Kalamata
- Halkidiki Private Planes
- Private Jet Rentals to Thessaloniki
It is not necessarily worth limiting yourself to these areas, of course, but if your goal is to experience Greece for its beauty, those are some of the best places to start.
Common Places of Note in Greece
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Melissani Cave
- Black Sand Beaches of Santorini
Greece Private Jet Charters with evoJets
In addition to its history and landmarks, Greece is also a country of intensely delicious cuisines, hundreds of beaches and resorts, architecture that is visually stunning, and a surprising amount of economic opportunities for those capable of finding them. evoJets is the best choice to help you land at your Greek destination, as we are the leading choice for:
- Recreational Travel – With so many islands to see and experience, along with a mainland that still has a considerable amount of charm and history, private jets to Greece are certainly something well worth experiencing on your own.
- Corporate and Executive Travel – While most people visit Greece for pleasure, it is still a large European country that was once an economic powerhouse in the region, and continues to offer executives and corporations reasons to visit.
No matter the purpose of your travel, evoJets is there to help. Our affordable cost access to countless high end private charter flights to Greece makes us the right choice to handle your next Greek visit. For more information, or to get started, contact evoJets today.
Popular Private Jet Routes to Greece
- Private Flights from London to Greece – Taste all that Greece has to offer by starting your journey with a private charter from London to Greece.
- Private Jets from Paris to Greece – Parisians understand the value of great cuisine, and a fight from France to Greece gives an opportunity to enjoy the many Greek flavors.
- Private Charters from Athens to the Greek Islands – From Athens, travel to any of the Green Islands with a Greece private charter through evoJets.
- Private Charter Flights from New York to Greece – Greece is a bucket list country for so many in the US, and the easiest way to get to Greece comfortable from NYC is a private charter.