Whether you’re in search of endless natural beauty, expansive culinary experiences, or a bit of both, look no further than Vancouver. Find paradise on the west coast of Canada, and enjoy everything from surfing and hiking to the rich, vibrant culture of artistry and nightlife.
Where to Stay
- Fairmont Pacific Rim: A luxurious hotel located in downtown Vancouver, offering stunning views, elegant rooms, a rooftop pool, and a spa. It’s known for its exceptional service and modern amenities.
- Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver: Another luxury hotel in downtown Vancouver, known for its sophisticated decor, spacious rooms, and top-notch service. It features an award-winning restaurant and a luxurious spa.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia: A historic and elegant hotel located in downtown Vancouver, offering a blend of modern amenities and classic charm. It features beautifully designed rooms, a rooftop terrace, and a renowned spa.
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa: A boutique hotel located in downtown Vancouver, offering luxurious rooms, a tranquil spa, and an award-winning restaurant. It has a European-inspired ambiance and a reputation for personalized service.
- Loden Hotel: A boutique hotel situated in Coal Harbour, offering stylish and contemporary rooms, a fitness center, and a complimentary chauffeur service. It’s known for its attention to detail and excellent customer service.
- OPUS Hotel Vancouver: A boutique hotel located in Yaletown, known for its modern design, vibrant colors, and comfortable rooms. It offers a complimentary bike rental service and is within walking distance of trendy shops and restaurants.
Where to Dine
- Hawksworth Restaurant: Located in downtown Vancouver, Hawksworth Restaurant offers a refined dining experience with a focus on contemporary Canadian cuisine. It features locally sourced ingredients and innovative flavors.*
- Blue Water Cafe: A popular seafood restaurant in the Yaletown neighborhood, Blue Water Cafe is known for its fresh seafood dishes, including sushi and oysters. It also offers an extensive wine list.
- Vij’s: Renowned for its Indian cuisine, Vij’s is a must-visit restaurant in Vancouver. It offers a modern twist on traditional Indian dishes, and the menu features a range of flavorful and aromatic options.*
- Botanist: Situated in downtown Vancouver, Botanist is a sophisticated restaurant that highlights the flavors of the Pacific Northwest. It offers a farm-to-table dining experience with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients.
- Maenam: Known for its authentic Thai cuisine, Maenam offers a contemporary and refined dining experience. The menu features a balance of traditional Thai flavors and modern interpretations.*
- Ask for Luigi: This cozy Italian restaurant in the Railtown neighborhood is known for its homemade pasta dishes and rustic Italian flavors. The menu changes frequently, offering a fresh and seasonal experience.
- Miku: A popular spot for sushi lovers, Miku offers innovative and artfully presented sushi and Japanese dishes. It is known for its Aburi-style sushi, where the fish is lightly seared, resulting in unique flavors.
What to Do:
- Explore Stanley Park: Stanley Park is a vast urban park located near downtown Vancouver. It offers beautiful waterfront views, lush greenery, walking trails, gardens, and beaches. Rent a bike or walk along the Seawall, visit the Vancouver Aquarium, and enjoy the park’s natural beauty.
- Visit Granville Island: Granville Island is a vibrant cultural hub known for its public market, boutique shops, art galleries, and theaters. Explore the Granville Island Public Market, indulge in local food and drinks, shop for unique crafts, and catch a live performance.
- Walk through Gastown: Gastown is Vancouver’s oldest neighborhood, known for its historic charm and cobblestone streets. Visit the famous steam clock, explore the trendy boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants, and soak in the neighborhood’s vibrant atmosphere.
- Take a stroll in the Vancouver Art Gallery: The Vancouver Art Gallery features a vast collection of contemporary and historical art. Explore the diverse exhibitions and installations, attend special events, and appreciate the artistic culture of the city.
- Enjoy the views from Vancouver Lookout: Head to the Vancouver Lookout, located in downtown, for panoramic views of the city, mountains, and surrounding water. The observation deck provides a stunning vantage point to admire Vancouver’s skyline.
- Take a walk in Queen Elizabeth Park: Queen Elizabeth Park is a beautifully landscaped park with gardens, walking trails, and panoramic views of the city. Visit the Bloedel Conservatory, featuring a variety of tropical plants and exotic birds.
- Explore the Museum of Vancouver: The Museum of Vancouver offers exhibitions on the city’s history, culture, and contemporary issues. Learn about Vancouver’s past, its diverse communities, and the influences that have shaped the city.
- Enjoy the beaches: Vancouver is known for its stunning beaches. Visit Kitsilano Beach, English Bay Beach, or Jericho Beach to relax, soak up the sun, and enjoy water activities like swimming or paddleboarding.
- Take a day trip to Capilano Suspension Bridge: Located just outside Vancouver, the Capilano Suspension Bridge offers an exhilarating experience in a lush rainforest setting. Walk across the suspension bridge, explore the treetop walkways, and enjoy the nature trails.
How to Get There
Vancouver International Airport (CYVR) is a scenic 30-minute drive from Downtown Vancouver. Awarded the Skytrax Best North American Airport award for 12 consecutive years, CYVR serves as an international transit hub into Vancouver and British Columbia.
- Private Jet from New York (Teterboro) to Vancouver – starting at $68,900 for a Super Midsize Jet
- Private Jet from Miami to Vancouver – starting at $78,900 for a Super Midsize Jet
- Private Jet from Chicago to Vancouver – starting at $48,700 for a Midsize Jet
- Private Jet from Houston to Vancouver – starting at $53,800 for a Midsize Jet
- Private Jet from Van Nuys to Vancouver – starting at $23,600 for a Light Jet
Check out our flight cost calculator to start planning your trip to Vancouver.