Safety is our # 1 concern at evoJets. We work with the finest operators, maintain internal records on all the aircraft we provide, and at no time will compromise passenger or pilot safety to complete a mission.
The evoJets Operator Performance Index (OPI)
There are many aircraft certified by the FAA for private charter operations. Obtaining the proper license is important and outlined below. Yet while many of the planes and operators certified by the FAA are both airworthy and trustworthy, evoJets employs further measures to evaluate direct air carriers.
evoJets introduced its OPI to add an additional layer of quality assurance for clients. Through years of experience in the charter market, and with evolving knowledge of the aircraft and operators in play, evoJets created the OPI as a best-in-class private aviation evaluation system.
The OPI considers the following factors in ranking direct air carriers:
- ARGUS Rating (N/A, Gold, Gold+, Platinum)
- Wyvern Rating (N/A, Registered, PASS, Wingman)
- Operational Integrity
- Service Record
- Average Condition of Aircraft
- Average Age of Fleet
- On-Demand Dedication
- # Years with current Part 135 Certificate
- # Aircraft in operator fleet
Click here for a complete overview of the OPI.
What certifications are required to operate private charter flights?
To operate private charter flights, an aircraft must obtain an FAA Part 135 certificate. Part 135 is the FAA classification for commuter and on-demand air carrier operations. The initial requirements to obtain a Part 135 certificate are comprehensive.
Here is a brief outline of what must be submitted to the FAA:
• Formal application with Letter of Compliance
• General Operations Manual (varies by applicant)
• General Maintenance Manual (varies by applicant)
• De-Ice Program & Training confirmation
• Part 135 Training Program
• Pilot Resume(s) with total pilot hours
• Pilot Medical Certificate
• Corporation papers
• Hazmat Procedure & Training Manual
• Antidrug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program
• Minimum Equipment List
• Flight & Duty Records
• Pilot Training and Checking
• Aircraft Conformity Inspection
• Aircraft Proving Runs
• Operations Specifications (OpsSpecs)