A country home to half the world’s lowland gorillas and miles of balmy rainforest, this African getaway is your ultimate call to the wild. Covered in steamy jungles, the Democratic Republic of Congo is Africa’s newest destination for luxury travel. An alluring slice of West Africa with a treasure trove of natural riches, charter your next private jet to the Democratic Republic of Congo with Evo.
The DRC is often overlooked by African safari enthusiasts—a mistake for anyone hoping to see nature in its purest form. The Democratic Republic of Congo—not to be confused with its smaller neighboring country also known simply as “Congo” and occasionally “The Republic of Congo”—is the second-largest country on the African continent, and one of the largest countries in the world, covering 2.3 million square kilometers. The fourth largest country in Africa by population, and third most populous of Sub-Saharan Africa, the DRC is home to nearly 96 million people as of 2021.
As far as safaris go, chartering a private flight to Congo will give you access to the most incredible gorilla treks in the world. Nowhere else in Africa can stack up to the sheer number of primate species that can be seen here, and it’s one of the few places to see all four species of African great apes (chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and orangutans).
While gorillas are a sight to behold, the country boasts a unique variety of landscapes and endemic wildlife. Unspoiled volcanoes, beaches, and lush terrain are loaded with exotic species such as the Congo peafowl, okapi, bongo, and bonobos.
Salonga National Park is the largest forest national park on the continent, stretching 13,900 square miles between the Kisangani and Kinshasa. Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it’s brimming with woodlands, dense rainforests, and a world of wildlife, including the rare Salonga monkey, African golden cats, Congo Peacocks, and long-tailed pangolins.
Dominated by fresh fruit, produce, and spices, Congolese cuisine is enough reason to book a private flight to Congo with Evo. Staple flavors include taro, cassava, rice, fufu, and of course, The Congo Pepper, locally known as chocolate habanero.
Kinshasa is the heart of Congo, Africa’s major entertainment center and home to all the Afro-music hits. The capital is where all the culture, political influence, and art meet to create an incredible African portrait.
Whether a safari enthusiast looking for an extraordinary gorilla trek or an off-the-beaten-path adventure, begin your African getaway by booking a private jet to The Democratic Republic Congo with Evo.
Private Jet Airports in Congo
- Goma International Airport (FZNA / GOM) — Used by the country’s Air Force and MONUSCO peacekeeping forces, GOM is the primary airport serving the city of Goma.
Popular Private Jet Charters to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Private Jet to Congo from New York – Experience the heart of Africa with a private jet to Congo from the city that never sleeps.
- Private Flights from London to Congo – Escape the hustle and bustle and immerse yourself in Africa’s natural beauty when you book a private flight from London to Congo.
- Charter Jets from Dubai to Congo – Indulge in the opulence of Dubai before embarking on a private jet to Congo and discovering the natural wonders of the region with Evo.
- Charter Flights to Congo from Los Angeles – Leave the glitz and glamour of Los Angeles behind and explore the untamed wilderness of West Africa with the comfort and convenience of a private charter with evoJets.