Salzburg’s rich history can be seen throughout its classical architecture and breathtaking landmarks. Celebrated fortresses and captivating houses of worship grow from the very grounds that famed musicians and artists once called home. Salzburg is home to enchanting, baroque castles and palaces overlooking modern, yet rustic towns. With a panoramic blanket formed by the Eastern Alps, this city is alive and well, with countless sights and activities for any jetsetter’s agenda. Charter a private jet to Salzburg and experience a grand Austrian adventure.
Starting from the top, Fortress Hohensalzburg looks over all of Salzburg, while simultaneously offering views of the white-capped alps and its surrounding landscape. In the early morning, visitors of the fortress can catch the sunrise as it casts its rays on the mountainside, from a 360-degree vantage point. This consequential piece of Austrian history provides its guests with tours of its ornately decorated interior. Following your tour, guests can conclude their visit with a mid-afternoon meal at the Burgschenke Tavern for an authentic Austrian lunch with a view.
Of the many highlights of Salzburg are its high rising cathedrals and palaces, including Salzburg Alstadt, or Old Town. Nestled on the banks of the Salzach River, this embellished town offers endless activities despite its small size. Many narrow roads and walkways lead to large town squares in the center, where jetsetters can shop the diverse selection of artisan shops and high-end boutiques. Buildings range from middle-aged construction to more modern architectural designs.
Within the assemblage of rococo structures in Alstadt, travelers can stop by some of the city’s most beloved museums. Of these galleries is the Mozarts Geburtshaus, or the birthplace of Mozart, where artifacts and exhibits of Mozart’s early childhood are on display. With a private jet to Salzburg, you can experience the renowned composer’s beginnings, assembled in the same home in which he was raised, replicating the environment that shaped who he would come to be.
Strolling through the Alstadt, visitors can spend a portion of their stay at the Salzburg Museum. Here, artifacts and paintings dating back to the Renaissance period present themselves under a ceiling as beautiful as the art on display. Travelers of Salzburg can also admire panoramic paintings that will leave them spinning.
Whether you’re a lover of art or architecture, a private jet charter to Salzburg will delight you.
Salzburg, Austria Private Jet Airports
- Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart (SZG / LOWS) — This is Austria’s second-largest airport and serves as a gateway to Austria’s many ski resorts. It is located two miles from Salzburg’s city center and two miles from the Austria-German border.
Popular Private Jet Charters to Salzburg, Austria
- Jet Charters to Salzburg from London – Avoid the hassle of congested terminals and security lines with a private jet from London to Salzburg, Austria.
- Private Jets to Salzburg from Paris – Catch an unbelievable sunrise over the Eastern Alps with a private jet to Salzburg.
- Charter Jets to Salzburg from Milan – Visit the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart with a private jet to Salzburg, Austria.
- Private Jet to Salzburg from Athens – From one European gem to the next, your private jet from Athens to Salzburg awaits.