Though this city may be small, it boasts a unique charm that attracts visitors from all around the country. Located on the Thames River, the strong military background and beautiful natural landscapes make this New England maritime town quite popular. Charter a private jet to Groton, Connecticut and explore the decades of history and patriotism that makes the city what it is today.
The United States Navy’s primary East Coast submarine base is located in this city, making it highly-visited for those interested in seeing the USS Nautilus. As the world’s first operational nuclear submarine, the vessel made history when it became the first to make a submerged transit of the North Pole. Charter a private jet to Groton and explore the interior compartments of the official state ship.
Museum fanatics can book a private flight to Groton and marvel in the several institutions built around the marine life of America. The Mystic Seaport Museum is one of the largest maritime museums in the country and features a massive fleet of vessels, from sloops and steamers to ships and schooners. The Submarine Force Museum is another city-favorite, housing a huge collection of vessels, artifacts, and nautical instruments.
Those looking to step back in time, particularly the late ’70s, can charter a private jet to Groton and explore the grounds of the Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park. Named after Deputy Governor Matthew Griswold, the park is home to several monuments erected to pay homage to the fallen soldiers of the Revolutionary War.
One of the city’s staples will certainly satisfy any beer-connoisseur. The Outer Light Brewing Company is a local favorite know for brewing innovative craft-beer, especially seasonal and one-off brews. Charter a private jet to Groton and check the city off your list of ‘to-try’ beers around the country.
Bird-watchers and fishers have the entire peninsula of Long Island Sound to explore. Bluff Point State Park is one of the state’s largest pieces of undeveloped land, boasting over eight hundred acres of landscape to venture. From rugged terrain and wetland to forestry and woodland, the park is home to hundreds of bird species and makes for some of Connecticut’s best hiking and biking paths.
Private Jet Airports in Groton, Connecticut
- Groton New London Airport (KGON / GON) — Only a few miles from Groton’s central business district, this facility is a regional general aviation airport. It’s been a base for many presidential commencements of the nearby US Coast Guard Academy.
- Tweed New Haven Regional Airport (KHVN / HVN) — Within proximity to New Haven, it has several FBOs for private travel accommodations.
Popular Private Jet Charters to Groton, CT
- Private Jet from East Hampton to Groton, CT – Explore one of New England's most charming cities with a private jet from the Hamptons to Groton, CT.
- Charter Flights from Miami to Groton, CT – From the tropics of the south to the charm of the north, fly privately with evoJets.
- Jet Charters from Aspen to Groton – Sit back, relax, and cruise along East Coast in style with evoJets.
- Private Jet Flights from Bruncwick to Groton, CT – With evoJets, your private travel is safe, direct, and luxurious.