To say Sri Lanka has been surging in the past few decades would be an understatement. Its economy is thriving, expanding beyond agriculture exports and tourism into services and manufacturing. Yet Sri Lanka also remains a recreational paradise. Thousands of travelers charter private jets to Sri Lanka every year to take advantage of the island nation’s natural beauty, tropical climate, and many luxury resorts and activities.
Sri Lanka is small – roughly the size of West Virginia in the United States, or a little bit smaller than Ireland. Yet with a population of 20 million, surrounded by beaches, and filled with resorts and outdoor excursions, it’s hard to get enough of the Sri Lanka experience without wanting to come back for more.
Charter a private jet to Sri Lanka today with evoJets, and see this large island nation for yourself.
Popular Private Jet Airports in Sri Lanka
There are only 17 airports in Sri Lanka, though that number expands to 37 if you include Waterdromes. Traveling via private jet charter to Sri Lanka opens the door to arriving at almost any airport that is close to your destination. But in terms of international travel, the two most common destinations for airports include:
- Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB / VCBI) – The single most common airport to arrive in Sri Lanka is Bandaranaike International, located near Colombo. With the exception of private jet charter flights, this airport serves primarily domestic flights and international flights to and from Asia. At 10,000,000 passengers a year, there is some congestion landing here, but the amenities for travelers may make it worthwhile. An alternative airport may be Ratmalana Airport, which is still an international airport but sees fewer passengers. Only small planes can land at Ratmalana, however.
- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI / VCRI) – Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport is the largest airport in Southeast Sri Lanka. It is also almost fascinatingly unpopulated, serving only 50,000 passengers despite its large size. For Sri Lanka, that emptiness is a bit of a scar on their reputation, but for private charters to Sri Lanka, it can be an advantage, as there is always space to land and limited congestion.
Other airports depend on your ultimate destination. Most other airports are designed exclusively for domestic flights, so runway sizes differ between them. At evoJets, we’ll always make sure that your Sri Lanka private jet arrives at the best airport for your ultimate destination.
Featured Sri Lankan Private Jet Destinations
Sri Lanka is surrounded by beaches. It also has thousands upon thousands of years of history that span multiple cultures and religions. It is that rich past that gives Sri Lanka many different locations for enjoyable recreational opportunities, including:
- Nuwara Eliya
It should also be noted that there are countless opportunities around Sri Lanka depending on your purpose of travel. For example, there are beach resort towns near the water, national parks throughout the center, and plenty of safari excursions, historic ruins, and much more for the more adventurous traveler.
Common Places of Note in Sri Lanka
- Sigiriya Ruins
- Temple of the Sacred Tooth
- Dambulla Royal Cave
- Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya
- Galle Dutch Fort
- Ravana Falls
- National Museum of Colombo
- Hakgala Botanical Garden
- Viharamahadevi Park
- Dehiwala Zoological Garden
- World’s End
- Japanese Peace Pagoda
Sri Lanka Private Jet Charters with evoJets
Sri Lanka has long been a secret gem of those in Asia looking for a getaway that they can truly appreciate. But the country is open to anyone in the world, no matter where you may be located or what types of vacations you enjoy, Sri Lanka is a wonderful experience that is likely to provide you with memories you will not soon forget.
evoJets has access to a full range of different plane options, which is important given the various sized runways that serve the region. We are happy to charter you a private jet for:
- Personal Private Jet Travel to Sri Lanka – Most travelers visit Sri Lanka for recreational reasons, as the country has so much to offer someone that needs a short or long term vacation. With its ecological diversity, unique terrain, and fascinating cultural history, there are always new and exciting activities to enjoy. We can charter the perfect jet depending on the size of your party, and take you to any airport in Sri Lanka.
- Corporate Private Jet Travel to Sri Lanka – Corporate and executive jets to Sri Lanka are less common, but still a source of many Sri Lankan private flights. As a successful economy with a low cost of living – especially for an island nation – there are outsourcing opportunities and import connections that have considerable potential for some of the world’s leading companies.
Sri Lanka is a beautiful, fun, amazing country that is growing in popularity as a worldwide destination. Charter a private jet to Sri Lanka while it is still relatively untouched by contacting evoJets today.
Popular Private Jet Charters to Sri Lanka
- Private Jet Charters from Los Angeles to Sri Lanka – Sri Lanka remains a worthwhile tourist attraction for LA travelers that are looking for wildlife, beaches, and plenty of outdoor activities.
- Charter Flights from San Francisco to Sri Lanka – Make your flight from SF to Sri Lanka easier with your own private charter that fits your entire party.
- Private Jets from Geneva to Sri Lanka – The easiest way to get to Sri Lanka from Geneva is with a private charter, which take you there fast and comfortably.
- Charter Private Jets from Sydney to Sri Lanka – Avoid the more difficult journeys by traveling directly to Sri Lanka from Sydney.