Famously known as the hometown of Stephen King, this former timber hub is a lovely fusion of old and new. Bangor, Maine is a city laden with creativity—where contemporary art can be admired with a glass of some of New England’s finest beer! In Bangor, Paul Bunyan stands at 31-feet tall, and nature’s wonders collide with sprawling casinos. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure—your private jet to Bangor, Maine awaits!
Famous for his horror novels, Stephen King’s residence is in Bangor, and happens to be a favorite for those with an affinity for adrenaline-fueled novels and movies. There is one company that offers privately-led Stephen King tours of the city, known to feature SK-themed excursions and designed to explore the places that inspired his creativity.
No trip to Bangor, Maine is complete without making a stop at the Bangor Police Department. Not for any trouble you may have gotten into, but rather to check out the 31-foot tall statue of the legendary folk hero, Paul Bunyan. Weighing over 370 pounds, Mr. Bunyan makes for a perfect backdrop to your Bangor photos!
Lovers of art will feel right at home at the University of Maine Museum of Art. Located downtown, in the hub of the city’s creativity, it showcases a collection of acclaimed artist’s work. With pieces from Andy Warhol, Diego Rivera and even Pablo Picasso, this exhibit was constructed to showcase modern art.
When you fly by private jet to Bangor, know that the city’s outdoors can be enjoyed all year long. New Hermon’s Mountain offers the thrill of snowboarding, skiing, and tubing with a 600-foot lift service. The park has 100% snowmaking capacity, so winter travelers are guaranteed a great time.
Acadia National Park, right off the coast of Maine, offers charter jet travelers a chance to enjoy the rugged wilderness. From biking and hiking to fishing and horseback riding, the spring season is a prime time to explore the natural wonders of Acadia.
Bangor, Maine, Private Jet Airports
- Bangor International Airport (BGR / KBGR) — A former military base, this facility is conveniently located ten minutes from downtown Bangor. The airport was designated a Space Shuttle emergency landing location by NASA.
- Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport (BHB / KBHB) — Only seven miles from the city center of Bar Harbor, it specializes in general aviation. It is Maine’s busiest charter airport in the summer season.
Popular Private Jet Charters to Bangor, ME
- Private Jet to Bangor from White Plains – Soar above the hassle of long security lines and congested terminals with a private jet to Bangor.
- Private Jets from Teterboro to Bangor – Say hello to the giant Paul Bunyon and explore the greenery of Bangor with a private jet from Teterboro.
- Charter Jets from Washington, DC to Bangor – Escape the busy city life with a private jet from D.C. to Bangor.
- Private Flights from Detriot to Bangor – Explore the city that inspired many of Stephen King's books with a private jet to Bangor.